Ibanez Announces Their First Exotic Wood Acoustic/Electric Model
July 15, 2005
For amplification, the new EW20ASENT features an SQR pickup by the B-Band company and Ibanez, and an Ibanez Shape Shifter pre-amp. The highly figured ash guitar is even more exotic looking than its purely acoustic Exotic Wood counterparts thanks to a very untraditional design cutaway that allows easier access to the upper frets. "Even more radical is what can't be seen: a unique wooden top-support system under the bridge Ibanez calls "SoundExpand" construction, "Sound Expand" construction allows us to use thinner bracing, which allows the top to vibrate more freely. It also provides a more even balance between highs, lows, and mids, "commented Irene Shvartsman of Ibanez Acoustic Guitars. "We found that the guitar sounds dramatically louder, and bigger in tone than the same guitar without Sound Expand construction."
For more information, visit their web site at www.ibanez.com.
- Body Style - AEL with modified cutaway
- Available Finish - NT Natural
- Top - Ash
- Back and Sides - Ash
- Fretboard/Bridge Material - Rosewood
- Neck Material - Mahogany
- Inlay - Super Infinity
- Tuners - Chrome Ibanez Smooth Tuners
- Electronics - Ibanez/B-Band SQR Pickup Ibanez AEQ-SRT Shape Shifter Preamp with Onboard Tuner
- Other Special Features SoundExpand construction. Ivorex Nut and Saddle. Advantage Bridge Pins. D'Addario EXP strings