Additional pieces on display include:
• Jimi Hendrix 1969 Fender Stratocaster
– The 1969 Fender Stratocaster guitar played by Jimi Hendrix during '69 and '70, while with the Jimi Hendrix Experience and the Band of Gypsies. This tobacco burst-finished guitar has a white pickguard and a 22-fret maple fingerboard with 10 mother of pearl dot inlays. The instrument still has its original tremolo arm.
• Jimi Hendrix Purse
– A purse that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and was used to carry lyric sheets, guitar picks, extra bandannas, etc.
• Hendrix/Isley Brothers Photo
– A photo of Jimi Hendrix and the Isley Brothers with Curtis Knight from Hendrix’s time with the group in 1965. Jimi Hendrix toured with the group on and off for about a year, and he even recorded singles with them, the most famous of which is a two-part jam called “Testify”.
• Jimi Hendrix Shirt
– A simple blue pullover from Jimi Hendrix’s wardrobe, exemplifying the Hendrix “electric gypsy” look that became such a huge part of late-‘60s iconography.
• Jimi Hendrix Hat
– A hat with a quintessential ‘60s floppy brim worn by Jimi Hendrix during the late 60’s.
“We are delighted that Jimi is playing such an important role in supporting multiple worthy causes,” said Janie Hendrix, sister of Jimi Hendrix. “It would warm his heart to know that his legacy is being honored this way, continuing to have an impact on the entire universe. At Authentic Hendrix, we're working to fulfill his vision. Joining our long-term partners Hard Rock International and The Fender Foundation allows us to continue to shape and inspire our communities through music."
Hard Rock’s Jimi Hendrix Signature Series: Edition 29 T-shirt is inspired by a one-of-a-kind guitar, displayed in the collection that was conceived by Hendrix and commissioned to commemorate the Hard Rock’s 40th Anniversary in 2011. Jimi Hendrix Signature Series: Edition 29 limited-edition Pin is modeled after the Fender Stratocaster Guitar Jimi Hendrix played onstage during his iconic Woodstock performance in 1969. The limited-edition merchandise is available in stores and online with 15% of the retail price benefiting The Fender Music Foundation and Seattle’s Jimi Hendrix Park Foundation.
The one-of-a-kind collection will be on display at Hard Rock Cafe for public viewing from Thursday, February 9, 2012 until Thursday, March 1, 2012. For additional information please visit www.hardrock.com