Gibson Custom Shop Introduces The Vintage Original Spec™ Series
January 20, 2006
Using a combination of traditional hand craftsmanship and modern technology, the luthiers of the Custom Shop painstakingly reproduce the key elements that define a cool, vintage instrument-stunning looks, flawless playability, and unsurpassed tone.
The Vintage Original Spec series, or V.O.S., has a new, proprietary finishing process which yields the gently aged patina of a vintage classic. Also, a revolutionary handcrafting process enhances comfort and playability guitars. Solid mahogany back, historically accurate long neck tenon for superior strength and sustain, period correct neck profiles, hardware and electronics, and 100% nitro-cellulose lacquer are among some of the features offered in the Gibson Custom V.O.S. series.
The Vintage Original Spec series includes the following models:
For more information, visit their web site at www.gibsoncustom.com.
- '57 Les Paul Junior Single Cut
- '58 Les Paul Junior Double Cut
- '60 Les Paul Special Single & Double Cut
- '56 & '57 Les Paul Goldtop
- '57 Les Paul Goldtop (Darkback)
- '58 Les Paul Plain Top
- '57 Les Paul Custom 2 Pickup
- '57 Les Paul Custom 3 Pickup
- '57 Les Paul Custom 3 Pickup w/Bigsby
- '59 Les Paul Reissue
- '60 Les Paul Reissue
- SG Standard Reissue (Stopbar or Maestro)
- SG Custom Reissue (Stopbar or Maestro)