You can read an excerpt here.
Enter the giveaway and subscribe to Guitar Player.
Just enter the giveaway.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. To enter: You may enter online at www.guitarplayer.com beginning approximately May 1, 2008. Entries must be received by June 1, 2008. Enter as often as once per day. Only one entry per day will be eligible. Entries in excess of one per web site per day, automated entries of any kind, and computer-generated script entries will not be eligible and are void. The sponsor of this game is NewBay Media, LLC (“Sponsor”), and such Sponsor is not responsible for typographical errors in any sweepstakes-related materials, late, lost, or misdirected transmissions or transactions that are lost, fail to be entered into the processing system or are processed or transmitted late.
2. Sweepstakes Drawing: The winners will be drawn at random on or about August 1, 2008. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Your purchase of a product or service from the Sponsor or the prize manufacturers will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
3. Eligibility: Game is open to all legal residents of the United States and Canada (other than the residents of Puerto Rico and the province of Quebec), except for the employees and immediate family (spouses and parents, siblings, children and each of their spouses) of Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, and each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, and any other company involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the sweepstakes drawings. In order to win a prize, residents of Canada will be required to answer correctly a time limited mathematical skill testing question to be administered via telephone.
4. Release: Winner releases the Sponsor, the prize manufacturers, and each of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees from any responsibility or liability in connection with any loss, accident, or death incurred in connection with the use of the prizes won in the giveaway. The winner hereby consents to the use of his or her name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for advertising purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law. The verified prize winner and/or prize winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within ten days of receipt, an Affidavit of Eligibility and a Publicity/Liability Release unless prohibited by law. Failure to comply may result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. All prizes for the game are donated by third parties. The game is not meant to convey any endorsement of any product or service, nor does a third party’s donation of any prize have any influence on Sponsor’s editorial coverage.
5. Taxes: Any tax liabilities are solely the responsibility of the winner and the winner will be required to provide his or her social security number or tax payer identification number for tax purposes. All federal, state, local, municipal, and provincial laws and regulations apply.
6. General: By entering this giveaway, you expressly agree and consent to (i) Sponsor sharing your email address with [Harper Entertainment] (“[Harper]”) sending you by email notices, announcements, promotions and offers regarding its goods and services. If you do not agree and consent to any of these rules, terms and conditions, you are not permitted to enter this giveaway. Sponsor shall be deemed sole interpreter of the rules and conditions. By participating, entrants acknowledge and agree to be bound by these rules and that the decisions of the Sponsor are final. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. Prize components are not exchangeable, transferable or redeemable for cash. Prices shown are estimated retail prices, and actual prices may vary. SPONSOR DOES NOT MAKE AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY WARRANTIES (INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) OR ANY GUARANTEE WITH REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR PORTION THEREOF. All sweepstakes entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of unavailability of stated prize(s) or component(s) thereof, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute item(s) of comparable value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Internet portion of this giveaway should virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the giveaway. In such cases, Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner from mail-in entries only.
7. Winner’s List: To obtain the name of the prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winner”, Music Player Network / Slash Giveaway, 1111 Bayhill Drive, Suite 125, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA, by December 1, 2008.
Peter Hook Discusses His Live Recordings of Classic Joy Division and New Order Albums (WATCH)
TC Electronic Introduces PolyTune 3- Next Generation Polyphonic Tuner with Built-In Buffer
Rex Brown Announces Debut Solo Album Debuts New Single (LISTEN)
This Week in Free Stuff: Light-Load Plug-in Instruments
Superbooth17 Day One: The Weird and the Wonderful
Puremagnetik K-Station Atmospheres Revives Love for the Kawai K5000S Additive Synth
The Art of Synth Soloing: Joe Zawinul, the Syndicate Years
Steinway Unveils Art Case Piano Celebrating Composer Modest Mussorgsky
Rediscovering LA Synthesis
Four Chronographs That Put You in the Driver’s Seat
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT: The Weekday Warrior
Magnatone Adds the New Lyric Amplifier to The Studio Collection
Terror Stream New EP, 'The Walls Will Fall'
Danzig Premieres New Song, "Devil on HWY 9," Reveals New Album Details
Rex Brown Premieres New Song, "Crossing Lines," Shares New Album Details
Gear Review: Fret-King Elise GG MKII Guitar
See the Purple Special, the Last Guitar Made for Prince
Hear Rex Brown's New Song, "Crossing Lines"
Copyright ©2017 by NewBay Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 28 East 28th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10016 T (212) 378-0400 F (212) 378-0470