Dingwall Launches the Custom I
January 18, 2012
|There are many classic guitars that are echoed in the Custom I. With this guitar we pay tribute to and add enhancements to these great originals.
The Custom I is our riff on a T-style meets Rockabilly meets Modern. We've distilled what we feel are the important qualities of feel and tone from the past and added the following enhancements:
• Arm contour - rotates around the bridge for comfort at any strap height.
• Belly contour - extends all the way to the strap pin. Comfortable sitting, standing or even kneeling.
• Heel and horn contours - slimmed and rounded. Full access to the last fret.
• Laminated neck with High-mass truss rod - greater stability, sustain and harmonics
• Ultra-low angle headstock with straight string path - stronger, less friction in nut, better tuning stability
• Compound radius fingerboard - 7-1/2" to 16". Nice and round for chording, nice and flat for picking.
• Hipshot open-back tuners - light weight, smooth tuning.
• Swamp Ash with Tone Chambers - light weight and resonant.
• TV Jones Classic pickups - incredible clean and crunchy tones.