Collings introduces the MF Deluxe mandolin
May 28, 2013
Collings Guitars is excited to introduce the new MF Deluxe mandolin. Based on the popular MF model, the MF Deluxe combines premium tonewoods, meticulous workmanship, and striking upgraded aesthetics.
Crafted from carefully selected Adirondack spruce and figured eastern maple, the MF Deluxe provides the distinctly rich tone and responsiveness that players have come to expect from Collings instruments. In addition to exceptional tone and volume, the instrument's upscale appointments highlight the beautiful shape and contours of the Florentine-style design.
The MF Deluxe features a glossy nitrocellulose lacquer top and peghead veneer with a satin finish on the back, sides and neck. Grained ivoroid bindings on the body, fingerboard and peghead are complimented by a matching ebony pickguard to provide an added level of trim previously available only on our fully appointed models at an affordable price point.
*Available in traditional sunburst finish or "Merlot" as shown.
Base Model Features Include:
• Select Adirondack spruce top
• Select figured maple back, sides and neck
• Parallel tone bar bracing
• Grained ivoroid top, fingerboard and peghead binding
• Grained ivoroid bound ebony pickguard
• Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on top and peghead veneer
• Satin nitrocellulose lacquer finish on back, sides and neck
• Ebony peghead overlay with inlaid Collings logo
• 22-fret Ebony fingerboard
• Mortise and tenon neck joint w/ contoured heel
• V shaped neck profile with 1 9/16" string spacing
• 5 1/2"-11 5/8" compound fingerboard radius
• 1 1/8" bone nut
• 13 7/8" scale length
• Medium 18% nickel-silver fretwire
• Mother-of-pearl dot fingerboard inlays
• Fully adjustable truss rod
• Custom adjustable floating ebony bridge
• Collings original one-piece nickel tailpiece
• Nickel tuners with ivoroid buttons