"The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playin" was created from my 20+ years of teaching private guitar lessons. Addressing the most common problems in technique, learning the most used chords, scales and other basic information filling in the gaps not covered in other instructional DVDs and videos.
Some of the features and benefits are:
* How to properly hold the Guitar
* Left hand placement
* Position playing
* Economy of motion with both left hand, and right hand picking techniques with close up shots and detailed explanation to build speed
* How to read chord charts with a direct correlation to the guitar neck
* The most important and frequently used open Major and Minor chords
* Power rock chords
* Practice chord progressions examples using both open and power chords
* How to play along and count to a drummer or metronome.
* Left hand and right hand muting techniques to keep unwanted strings from ringing out
* Synchronization exercises
* How to read guitar tablature
* Movable Chord forms using barring
* Barring technique and tips
* Scale construction
* Half steps, whole steps, and octaves
* Major and Minor scales in 2 octaves
* Minor Pentatonic scale in 2 octaves plus one note.
* Hammer ons, pull offs, and trills
* Building finger independence using legato techniques
* How to develop a practice routine to get the most out of your practice sessions
Finally, Jim plays an awe inspirational demo at the end using some of the scales, chords, and techniques covered in the DVD.
Level : Beginner to Intermediate.
Styles: Applicable to ALL styles electric or acoustic
Running time : 1 hr 45 min
M.S.R.P. $49.95M.A.P. $34.95 + $4.95 S+H (domestic) $10.00 S+H (international)Secure online ordering at www.shredderjim.com or send check or money order to :
ShredderJimP.O. Box 181Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Beginning Rock Guitar - The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playing is the first of instructional DVDs to give any guitar player the knowledge to becoming a well rounded player. Check back often for future DVDs.
IK Multimedia Releases MODO Bass
TC Electronic Releases 13 New Pedals
Fodera Presents Lincoln Goines Rhythm and Improvisation Clinic
Radial's Updated Tonebone Switchbone V2 is Now Shipping
Spitfire Audio Announces Availability of Albion V Tundra
Elektron Announces Analog Heat is Now Shipping
How Charlie Christian Defined the Electric Guitar and the Guitar Hero Myth
Is Taylor Swift the New Eddie Van Halen?
Paul Gilbert: â€œWhy My String Gauges Are Changing All the Timeâ€
Protest The Hero Stream "Harbringer" from 'Pacific Myth' EP
Avenged Sevenfold Announce Livestreamed 3D, 360-Degree Virtual Reality Performance
Bring Me The Horizon Premiere "Doomed" Live Performance from Forthcoming DVD
Blazing "Betcha Can't Play This" Supports Jason Becker's New Album Project
Guitarist Noveller on Cinematic Music and Her Healthy Obsession with Pedals
Gibson Les Paul vs. IbanezÂ RG Premium: Put Their Tones to the Test
Copyright ©2016 by NewBay Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 28 East 28th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10016 T (212) 378-0400 F (212) 378-0470