"The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playin" was created from my 20+ years of teaching private guitar lessons. Addressing the most common problems in technique, learning the most used chords, scales and other basic information filling in the gaps not covered in other instructional DVDs and videos.
Some of the features and benefits are:
* How to properly hold the Guitar
* Left hand placement
* Position playing
* Economy of motion with both left hand, and right hand picking techniques with close up shots and detailed explanation to build speed
* How to read chord charts with a direct correlation to the guitar neck
* The most important and frequently used open Major and Minor chords
* Power rock chords
* Practice chord progressions examples using both open and power chords
* How to play along and count to a drummer or metronome.
* Left hand and right hand muting techniques to keep unwanted strings from ringing out
* Synchronization exercises
* How to read guitar tablature
* Movable Chord forms using barring
* Barring technique and tips
* Scale construction
* Half steps, whole steps, and octaves
* Major and Minor scales in 2 octaves
* Minor Pentatonic scale in 2 octaves plus one note.
* Hammer ons, pull offs, and trills
* Building finger independence using legato techniques
* How to develop a practice routine to get the most out of your practice sessions
Finally, Jim plays an awe inspirational demo at the end using some of the scales, chords, and techniques covered in the DVD.
Level : Beginner to Intermediate.
Styles: Applicable to ALL styles electric or acoustic
Running time : 1 hr 45 min
M.S.R.P. $49.95M.A.P. $34.95 + $4.95 S+H (domestic) $10.00 S+H (international)Secure online ordering at www.shredderjim.com or send check or money order to :
ShredderJimP.O. Box 181Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Beginning Rock Guitar - The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playing is the first of instructional DVDs to give any guitar player the knowledge to becoming a well rounded player. Check back often for future DVDs.
Welcome to Bass Player's July 2017 Links Page
Emerson, Lake & Palmer Release Classic Remastered Albums
Watch Mark Michell's Bass Playthrough of Tetrafusion's New Single "10,001" (VIDEO)
This Week in Free Stuff: Reverb, Delay & EQ Plug-ins
Korg Announces MicroKorg Limited Edition Platinum Model for 15th Anniversary
Moog Music Announces the Subsequent 37 CV at Moogfest 2017
The Keys to Snarky Puppy's Success
VINTAGE LESSON - Jimmy Bralower on Drum Machines
VIDEO - Matt Rollings Produces Blues Traveler
Steve Vai Talks Malibu Guitar Festival, His Favorite Concerts and More
Teye Guitars Unveils the Fox
Chris Cornell’s Death Being Investigated As a Suicide
L-Acoustics ARCS WiFo Finds Favor With DC/Baltimore-Area Churches
Sully Meets the Challenges for RHCP with Rat Sound and L-Acoustics
AES New York Convention Advance Registration Opens
Forgotten Guitar: Soundboard Recordings of Stevie Ray Vaughan’s David Bowie Rehearsals
Nita Strauss Shares Her Top Tip for Better Guitar Playing
The Top 10 Guitar Harmonies of All Time
Copyright ©2017 by NewBay Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 28 East 28th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10016 T (212) 378-0400 F (212) 378-0470