"The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playin" was created from my 20+ years of teaching private guitar lessons. Addressing the most common problems in technique, learning the most used chords, scales and other basic information filling in the gaps not covered in other instructional DVDs and videos.
Some of the features and benefits are:
* How to properly hold the Guitar
* Left hand placement
* Position playing
* Economy of motion with both left hand, and right hand picking techniques with close up shots and detailed explanation to build speed
* How to read chord charts with a direct correlation to the guitar neck
* The most important and frequently used open Major and Minor chords
* Power rock chords
* Practice chord progressions examples using both open and power chords
* How to play along and count to a drummer or metronome.
* Left hand and right hand muting techniques to keep unwanted strings from ringing out
* Synchronization exercises
* How to read guitar tablature
* Movable Chord forms using barring
* Barring technique and tips
* Scale construction
* Half steps, whole steps, and octaves
* Major and Minor scales in 2 octaves
* Minor Pentatonic scale in 2 octaves plus one note.
* Hammer ons, pull offs, and trills
* Building finger independence using legato techniques
* How to develop a practice routine to get the most out of your practice sessions
Finally, Jim plays an awe inspirational demo at the end using some of the scales, chords, and techniques covered in the DVD.
Level : Beginner to Intermediate.
Styles: Applicable to ALL styles electric or acoustic
Running time : 1 hr 45 min
M.S.R.P. $49.95M.A.P. $34.95 + $4.95 S+H (domestic) $10.00 S+H (international)Secure online ordering at www.shredderjim.com or send check or money order to :
ShredderJimP.O. Box 181Burnt Hills, NY 12027
Beginning Rock Guitar - The Basic Building Blocks of Good Guitar Playing is the first of instructional DVDs to give any guitar player the knowledge to becoming a well rounded player. Check back often for future DVDs.
Mitchell's TB500 Traditional Bass is a Modern Classic
Emma Effects Releases The DiscumBOBulator Auto-Wah Pedal
Emma Effects Releases The Okto-Nøjs Octave-Fuzz Pedal
Native Instruments Buys MetaPop, a Place to Legally Clear & Monetize Your Remixes
This Week in Free Stuff: Music Maker DAW & Field Recordings
Video: Mixvibes RemixLive 3.0 Brings Finger Drumming to Android
Joshua C. Stoddard—Inventor of the Steam Calliope
KORG Announces Kronos LS; a Lighter Addition to the Flagship Series
Eliane Elias Celebrates the Samba on Her New #1 Album Dance of Time
Robbie Robertson Talks About His Bronzed ‘Last Waltz’ 1954 Fender Strat
This Is How Kids React to Hearing Nirvana for the First Time
Watch Pink Floyd Working on Their Epic Track “Echoes” in 1971
Spooky Pinball LLC to Release Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Pinball Machine
Butcher Babies Announce New Drummer, Chase Brickenden
Ghost Announce U.S. Headlining Summer Dates
Submit Questions for Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of At The Drive In!
Hear "Money," a Little-Known Piece of Jimmy Page History
How to Livestream a Shred Legend: Michael Angelo Batio 2017 Live Interview
Copyright ©2017 by NewBay Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. 28 East 28th Street, 12th floor, New York, NY 10016 T (212) 378-0400 F (212) 378-0470