Wolbers is best known for his furious guitar work with Fear Factory, but what people don't know is that he's an extremely accomplished producer as well. The Small Tone Pre Amp is an invaluable tool in his production work- whether it's limiting his guitars signal to barely pass the gate, or slamming the front end of a tube amp for an added punch, the Small Tone Pre Amp is an exceptionally flexible instrument.
A note from the Christian:
With my signature Olde Wolbers Small Tone you never have to adjust your volume knob again. It can cut or boost your gain without changing your settings on your amp, guitar or bass. Sometimes you like to open your volume a notch on your guitar to let the gain barley creep through your pick ups for a cleaner low gain tone or boost the gain depending on your needs ala the intro on the song "Contagion" from Fear Factory or "Change" from The Deftones or the intro on Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
It's simple ... you just set the gain on the pedal to the desired volume and when you stomp on it you can make it smaller or bigger. It adds a new channel to your amp and I made sure it looks cool when it sits between your pedals on the stage.
Now go get one and email me at www.myspace.com/christianoldewolbers and I will give you some tips on how to use it.
The Olde Wolbers Small Tone Pre Amp includes the following features:
• External Gain control placed far from the foot switch to allow maximum stompage without changing your setting
• Additional internal volume control for further flexibility
• Operates on a standard 9 volt battery or BOSS style adapter
• True Hardwire Bypass with grounded input for noise free operation
• Stomp switch built to withstand years of hard stomping shows
• Durable aluminum housing
• Super-Bright LED for easy onstage identification
• Proudly built by hand in Crossroads, Texas
List Price: $219
For information visit www.ProTonePedals.com.